There are multiple origins and translations for the name Isa:
1. Arabic (عيسى) form of the name Jesus.
Isa - was one of 28 prophet of Allah mentioned in the Qur'an: Adem (Adam), Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud (Eber), Saleh (Methuselah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Lut (Lot), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Ayub (Job), Shoaib (Jethro), Harun (Aaron), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Sulayman (Solomon), Ilyas (Elijah), Elyasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Dhulkifl (Ezekiel), Zakaria (Zachariah), Yahya (John), Uzair (Ezra), Luqman, Zulqarnain (Iskander), Muhammad.
2. Sanskrit name-giving (ईश) which actually means - "ruler; owning; powerful; supreme; master".
3. Comes from the Persian name-giving Izzat - "glory, respect, honour".
4. Derived from the Finnish (Finnic) isä & Estonian isa semantics - "father".
5. Diminutive form of the name Isaiah and interpretation is - "God (Yahweh) is salvation".
6. Comes from the Latin word eous in reference to - "eastern, east, Oriental".
May also refer to Isa (feminine name ).