There are multiple origins and translations for the name Isa:
1. Arabic (عيسى) form of the name Jesus.
Isa - was one of 28 prophet of Allah mentioned in the Qur'an: Adem (Adam), Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud (Eber), Saleh (Methuselah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Lut (Lot), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Ayub (Job), Shoaib (Jethro), Harun (Aaron), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Sulayman (Solomon), Ilyas (Elijah), Elyasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Dhulkifl (Ezekiel), Zakaria (Zachariah), Yahya (John), Uzair (Ezra), Luqman, Zulqarnain (Iskander), Muhammad.
2. Sanskrit name-giving (ईश) means - "ruler; owning; powerful; supreme; master".
3. Comes from the Persian name-giving Izzat - "glory, respect, honour".
4. Derived from the Finnish (Finnic) isä & Estonian isa semantics - "father".
5. Diminutive form of the name Isaiah interpretation - "God (Yahweh) is salvation".
6. Comes from the Latin word eous in reference to - "eastern, east, Oriental".
May also refer to Isa (feminine name ).