There are multiple origins and meanings for the hugely popular name Ann:
1. Latinized form of the Hebrew name Hannah, derived from the Hebrew (הֲנָאָה) [hanaa] meaning - "delectation, enjoyment, relish, entertainment, boon", see the name Anna
2. Comes from the Latin words annus, anni means - "age, time of life; year (astronomical); circuit"
3. Sanskrit name-giving (अन्न) and translates as - "food; gtain, corn"
4. Form of Arabic name Hana - "happiness, luck, fortune"
5. Feminine diminutive of the name Iohannes/Yochanan etymology (definition) - "God (Ya/Jehovah) is merciful (Hanan)"
6. Chinese name (安) meaning - "peace; safe, secure, quiet, calm".