There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Anna:
1. Latinized form of the Hebrew name Hannah, derived from Hebrew (הֲנָאָה) [hanaa] - "pleasure, enjoyment, relish, entertainment, boon", see the name Anne/Ann
2. Derived from the Arabic word (أنا) [ana] - "I, am"
3. Derived from the Turkish (Turkic) word anne meaning - "mother, mom, mama, mum, ma"
4. Comes from the Hebrew word (אנה) [ana] meaning - "mourn, sorrow; whither?"
5. Sanskrit (अन्न) name-giving - "food; gtain, corn"
6. Feminine diminutive of the name Iohannes/Yochanan - "God (Ya/Jehovah) is merciful (Hanan)"
7. Turkmen (Turkic) name meaning - "Friday". Friday is a Muslim holiday.
Anna Perenna - in Roman mythology, is the goddess of the coming new year. According to the Roman calendar her festival fell on the Ides of March 15. Rite of cremation Anna Perenna in the form of a nasty old woman still exists in the cities of Italy.