There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Armen:
1. The most popular Armenian name (Արմեն), comes from the ancient Greek word (Ἀρμένιος) [Armenios] - "Armenian (man)" or of (ἄρμενος) [armenos] - "suitable; affixed; favorable; ready".
2. Derived from Armenian Ar - "sun" + Indo-European man="man"
3. Derived from the Latin words armo meaning - "armed". From Germanic (army + man) meaning - "warrior". The forms: Ermin/Irmin, see the name Arminius
4. Hebrew (ארמון) [Armon] - "palace, mansion, chateau". See the name Armon
5. Form of the Persian given name Arman - "desire, longing".