There are multiple origins and translations for the name Anne:
1. Latinized form of the Hebrew name Hannah, derived from Hebrew (הֲנָאָה) [hanaa] which means - "delectation, enjoyment, relish, entertainment, boon", see Anna
2. Feminine diminutive of the name Iohannes/Yochanan and interpretation is - "God (Ya/Jehovah) is merciful (Hanan)", see name Ann.
3. Estonian name and definition is - "gift, talent".
4. Turkic (Turkish) name-foming explanation- "mother".
5. Gaelic name semantics - "unremarkable".
Anne is the traditional name of the mother of the blessed Virgin Mary - "Theotokos; our lady (Mother of God)". The name of Jesus grandmother.
St. Anne According to the apocryphal Gospel of James, Anne and her husband Joachim, after years of childlessness, were visited by an angel who told them that they would conceive a child. Anne promised to dedicate the child to God's service. Joachim and Anne are believed to have given Mary to the service of the Second Temple when the girl was three years old. Anne is the patron Saint of Quebec, Brittany, the Mi'kmaq peoples, women in labor, and miners.