There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Vera:
1. Comes from the Slavic word (вера) meaning - "faith, belief"
2. Derived from the Latin word (verum) etymology - "true" or from Latin name (Ver) meaning - "spring"
3. Derived from the Albanian word (verë) meaning - "summer"
4. Spanish given name meaning - "edge, verge, border"
5. Italian given name, meaning - "wedding ring; real"
These holy Martyrs (Vera, Nadezhda, Lyubov) dwelt in Italy in the reign of Hadrian (117-138). They came of a rich and devout family and their mother Sophia brought them up in the faith, Hope and love of the names she had given them. Word of their admirable manner of life reached the Emperor who, hearing they were in Rome, sent soldiers to bring them before him. Considering their tender years, he was amazed at how steadfast in the faith Sophia’s daughters were, and thinking it was only by supporting one another that they were able to hold their own against him, he put them to the question separately.