There are multiple origins and translations for the name Dana:
1. Hebrew (דנה) etymology - "God is my judge", feminine form of the name Daniel or of Dan.
2. Kazakh (Turkic) name-forming (дана) means - "piece".
3. Slavic name-giving (Russian Дана) semantics - "God-given".
4. Persian name-forming (دانا) interpretation - "wise, learned".
5. Comes from the Arabic word (دانة) refers to a - "big pearl".
6. Hebrew (דנה) in the sense of - "God is my judge", feminine form of the name Daniel or of Dan.
7. Irish name definition - "from Denmark".
May also refer to Dana (male name ).