There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Alina:
1. Turkic (Tatar Әлинә) extremely popular name, the female equivalent of the Arabic male name Ali means - "noble, exalted; revering to Allah"
2. Comes from the Proto-Germanic name (Adal) definition - "generous nature", form of the personal name Adelina.
3. Derived from the Latin word (aliena, alienus) and translates as - "alien".
4. Diminutive form of the given name Alevtina, Angelina, Elina, Helen etc.
5. Derived from the French word aliéné interpretation - "insane, crazy".