There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Alina:
1. Turkic (Tatar Әлинә) extremely popular name, the female equivalent of the Arabic male name Ali meaning - "noble, exalted; revering to Allah"
2. Comes from the Proto-Germanic name (Adal) meaning - "generous nature", form of the personal name Adelina
3. Derived from the Latin word (aliena, alienus) meaning - "alien"
4. Diminutive form of the given name Alevtina, Angelina, Elina, Helen etc.
5. Derived from the French word aliéné meaning - "insane, crazy".