There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Bella:
1. Comes from the Latin (Italian, Spanish) name, meaning - "beautiful; nice, fine; excellent; pretty; charming; pleasant; agreeable; polite"
2. Sanskrit name (बेला) meaning - "fiddle; jasmine"
3. Shortened form of the personal name Isabel or Arabella, composed of the given names Ara + Bella="beautiful altar".
4. Derived from the Slavic word (бела) meaning - "she is a white as", see the name Bela
5. Comes from the English word bell
6. See the name Belle.