There are multiple origins and translations for the name Ala:
1. Latin name-forming which actually means - "wing, shoulder, animal front shoulder, sinus; room overlooking to courtyard in ancient Rome".
2. Turkish name-giving translation - "very good, excellent; pied, variegated; light brown"
3. Derivative of the name Alla.
4. Persian name (آلا) and definition is - "gifts, benefactions".
5. Arabic name (علاء) in a figurative sense - "nobility".
6. Hebrew (אַלָה) and interpretation is - "oath; curse; cudgel, nightstick".
May also refer to Ala (male name ).