There are multiple origins and translations for the Alla:
1. Derived from the Proto-Germanic name-forming word ala which actually means - "the all".
2. Derived from the Latin word Ala and translates as - "wing".
3. Slavic name (Алла) comes from the Slavic word алая [alaya] - "scarlet" or combination of the Slavic words ал [al] - "high" + ла [la] - "soul"="highly spiritual".
4. Ancient Greek name-forming (ἀλλά) and interpretation is - "but (also); still, however; yet".
5. Arabic (علاء) name in a figurative sense - "Allah-given; daughter of Allah", or come from Arabic (علاء) - "higher, highest; the best". The derivative of the ancient Arabic name of the pagan goddess of the sky and the rain - Allat. Alla is the cry with which the ancient Arabic warriors rushed into battle.
May also refer to Alla (male name ).