There are multiple origins and meanings for the name:
1. Spanish name of the tree with beautiful flowers growing in South America. The name Yesenia has become popular in 1970, after the eponymous TV-novel.
2. Slavic name (Есения) meaning - "Autumn, born in autumn". Named in honor of the poet Sergey Esenin.
3. Form of the given name Jesenia - "flower". Comes from the Arabic word (ياسمين) [yasamin] - "jasmine"
4. Form of Turkish (Turkic) first name Esen «well-being, healthy»
5. Form of Turkish (Turkic) Esen «well-being, healthy»