There are multiple origins and translations for the name Mar:
1. Spanish name which actually means - "sea, ocean; the blue; the deep"
2. Old Norse name-giving mǣ-r denotation - "little girl, daughter"
3. Hebrew (מַר) [mar] - "mistrees; bitter, embittered", original form of the name Mary - "Theotokos; our lady (Mother of God)"
4. Shortened form of the Greek name Margaret - "pearl"
5. Derived from the Latin word mare, maris denotation - "sea, ocean"
6. Diminutive of name starting with Mar
7. Sanskrit (मार) which actually means - "passion of love; killing; death"
May also refer to Mar (male name )