There are multiple origins and translations for the name An:
1. Old English name-forming means - "the solitary one".
2. Chinese name (安) denotation - "peace; safe, secure, quiet, calm".
3. Persian (آن) and Sanskrit (एक) name-giving - "that; one; he; a, an".
4. Japanese name (案) semantics - "draft, plan, proposal, projection, suggestion, draft, ponder, fear".
5. Turkic (Turkish) name-giving related to - "moment, minute, instant, second, split".
6. Sumerian (Anu) name for heaven/sky.
An - in Sumerian- Akkadian mythology, the God of the sky, the supreme deity, the right to heaven, the son of Anshar and Kishar one of a triad of gods creators. He was one of the oldest gods in the Sumerian pantheon and part of a triad including Enlil (god of the air) and Enki (god of water). He was called Anu by the later Akkadians in Babylonian culture.
7. Korean name (안) in the sense of - "great idea".
8. Turkic (Kyrgyz аң, Tatar ан) name-forming meaning - "consciousness, mind, mind, mind, thought".
May also refer to An (feminine name ).