Onomastics- scientific study of names and naming. Onomast- person who studies proper names, especially personal names.
Onomast.com is the greatest database of given names. There are currently 40200 names with meanings and origins of different nationalities. The names are categorized by letters and grouped according to feminine and masculine names. Use the “FIND” button to search for names. All names in our database have meaning. We have an exhaustive list of feminine names and masculine names. Please use the “LEARN VALUE OF A NAME” button to know the meaning of a name not listed on the website. New names with meanings are regularly added to the website. If you know the meaning of a name but do not find it in our website please mail the details to us. We will add it to our database.Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below each name.
Did you know?
* Emmanuel is the second name of Jesus
* Almost all names of Christian nations have religious origins
* The most popular names in the world except in China; Muhammad and Ann
* The most popular name in the world is Wei (males) and Ying (females)
* The Bible mentions ~ 2800 names
* In Muslim and Hebrew families only father has the right to decide the name
* Allahhas 99 names
* The most popular names in Islamic countries; Muhammad and Ahmad
* Christians have Arabic Saints: Abu, Alim, Aris, Ahmed, Ismail, Maruf, Mina, Sira
* In the Qur'an, only 28 prophets are mentioned
* There are more male names than feminine names