Onomastics - scientific study of names and naming. Onomast is the person who studies given names especially personal names.
Onomast.com is the greatest list of given names. There are currently ~ 43,000 names with meanings, definitions and origins of different nationalities. The names are categorized by letters and grouped according to feminine and masculine names. All names in our database have the meaning. New names with meanings are regularly added to the website. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below each name.
Did you know?
* The name Emmanuel is the second name of Jesus
* The most popular names in the world apart from China; Muhammad and Ann
* The most popular name in the world is Wei (male) and Ying (feminine)
* The Bible mentions ~ 2800 names
* There are Christians Saints whit Arabic names: Abu, Alim, Aris, Ahmed, Ismail, Maruf, Mina, Sira
* In Muslim and Hebrew families only father has the right to decide the name
* Allah has 99 names
* 28 Prophets Mentioned in the Qur'an: Adem (Adam), Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud (Eber), Saleh (Methuselah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Lut (Lot), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Ayub (Job), Shoaib (Jethro), Harun (Aaron), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Sulayman (Solomon), Ilyas (Elijah), Elyasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Dhulkifl (Ezekiel), Zakaria (Zachariah), Yahya (John), Isa (Jesus), Uzair (Ezra), Luqman, Zulqarnain (Iskander), Muhammad
* Prophet Muhammad had thirteen wives: Khadija, Sawda, Aisha, Hafsa, Zaynab (bint Khuzayma), Hind (Umm), Zaynab (bint Jahsh), Juwayriyya, Safiyya, Ramla, Maymuna, Mariyah, Rayhana.
TOP 10 NAMES of ONOMAST