There are multiple origins and translations for the name Ar:
1. Turkic (Turkish Er) name-giving component - "man, brave man, manly man, male", cognate with Er or Ir.
2. Kurdish name, interpretation - "fire, flame".
3. Ar - in Armenian mythology (Ար) - "incomprehensible higher power, intelligence". Physical manifestation of Ar was the Sun (Arev), which were worshiped by the ancient Armenians and called themselves arevordi (Children of the Sun).
4. Arabic name (عار) means - "shame, disgrace, reproach, dishonor, scandal, outrage, humiliation, obloquy, ignominy, mortification, blackberry, discredit, reflexion, taint"
5. Kazakh (Turkic) name-giving definition - "conscience; honor".
6. Albanian name-forming and translates as - "gold".