There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Ida:
1. Comes from the Proto-Germanic name-giving Id significance - "work, labor", means - "hard-working"
2. Ancient Greek (εἶδος) [idos] name-giving component etymology - "kind of, species, sort; appearance; shape, form". Example Leon+idas
3. Diminutive form of the Greek name Aida sense - "nightingale; song, poem".
4. Turkic name, derivative of Idelia → Turkic name of the river Volga
5. Derivative of the name Adel - "noble, nobility; just, justice".