There are multiple origins and translations for popular name Karina:
1. Derivative form of the Latin name Carina semantics - "boat, ship, vessel; keel, bottom (of the ship); dear, beloved; costly, precious, valued".
2. Comes from the ancient Greek word (κόρη) [kori] interpretation - "daughter, girl, damsel, virgin; maiden".
3. East Slavic (Russian Карина) name, comes from the Russian word карий [kary] in the sense of - "brown-eyed".
In old Slavic mythology Карина is - "mourner; attendant death; goddess of funerals".
4. Armenian name (Կարինա) means - "from Karin (region of the Great Armenia, near the modern Erzurum)".
5. Soviet name definition - "born on Kara Sea". Named in honor of the polar explorer heroes.
6. Derived from Turkish (Turkic) name-giving Kara translation - "black, dark; land".
7. Arabic name (قرينة) [Qarinah] elucidation - "spouse, wife; indication" or from (كرينة) [Karinah] - "singer, who plays the lute (kira)".
8. Derived from Bulgarian (carina) [Tsarina] explanation - "queen".
9. Derivative of the Greek name CathrRine - "virginal; pure".