There are multiple origins and meanings for the name Inna:
1. Derived from the Latin word innocentia etymology (definition) - "harmlessness, innocence, integrity" or comes from Latin name Inno - "who sailing on a ship"
2. Russian (Инна) form of the personal name Inessa/Agnes - "lamb"
3. Comes from the Arabic (إنّ) means - "truly; actually; indeed"
4. Feminine form of the given name Iohannes/Yochanan - "God (Ya/Jehovah) is merciful (Hanan)"
5. Derived from the Polish inny meaning - "another, else"
6. From Italian inno meaning - "hymn, anthem"
In ancient times it was a male name, now it is only a feminine name.